A golf outing is a great way to cement relationships and have fun in the process. But there are so many details and preparations to take care of that it can be difficult to know where to start. Here are seven steps toward planning a memorable golf outing.
- Selecting the course – All other details depend on what kind of facilities there are to work with. Once that’s in place, the rest of the planning should be easier. But the course decision is the easiest of all — at Quail Hollow, we make this a no-brainer thanks to our beautiful course and championship tees. Our staff of experienced event planners also is ready to assist in planning a memorable golf outing, taking care of all the difficult details that can frazzle an event coordinator.
- Pre-planning – This includes selecting a date (or several possible dates, based on what the course has available), as well as figuring out a basic agenda.
- Budget – Knowing how much money there is and where it’s coming from is essential to event planning. Often money for the event can be raised by corporate sponsorship from local businesses.
- Getting the word out – Send out printed invitations and registration forms requesting an R.S.V.P. and payment, as well as letters seeking sponsorship.
- Volunteers – No event can be put on alone, and planning a memorable golf outing requires help. People are needed to check golfers in, hand out name badges and get them set up.
- Dinner –The dinner afterward is a chance to give out awards and prizes and make important announcements. Quail Hollow’s gourmet kitchen has an array of delicious menu options available and staff who can set up, cater and serve the awards dinner.
- Wrap-up – After the event, it’s necessary to balance the budget, comparing expenses with money made or raised for charity. It’s also important to send thank you notes to everyone who made the outing one to remember.