There are all sorts of ways to raise money for your Tampa charity, from pledge drives to fancy banquets. But there’s one tried-and-true method of bringing in a lot of revenue: a charity golf tournament.
Here are five reasons a golf outing should top your list of fundraising ideas:
- Popularity: People love to play golf. For the average golfer, it’s a chance to get out of the office for a day, relax in the sunshine, and maybe win some prizes. For aficionados, it can be an opportunity to check out a new course and try out the championship tees. Of course, people will also want to come to support your charity, but it helps to have an event that people love.
- Networking: The game itself isn’t the only selling point for a golf outing. It’s also a great opportunity for attendees to make new business connections. Many registrants will want to know who else is attending and will jump at the chance to spend a few hours on the greens with a potential client or old friend.
- Contact with donors: A golf outing allows you to spend some quality time with the most important donors, getting to know them and establishing relationships that can last for years and lead to many more donations in the future.
- Money: When you host a golf outing, there’s a bevy of opportunities to bring in extra cash. In addition to golfer fees, you also can make money from corporate sponsorships, raffles and contests, auctions, merchandise and general donations.
- Awards banquet: Having awards for the winners of the tournament (and for the people in your organization who go above and beyond the call of duty), is a great way to get people excited about the event. Add in some great food and an opportunity to unwind after a full day, and it’s a perfect way to close out the event.
The expert event planners at Quail Hollow can organize a golf outing that’s sure to be a hit for your organization. Contact us today to book your tournament, and let us handle the details.